-

ANONYMOUS - ADVICE - INSIGHT - TRUTH - GREEK

11.30.2009

What is it like on the other side?

Greek Kind of Life was fortunate enough to receive correspondence from a disassociated member of the greek community. Being that this site is made to include all things greek. We felt it was necessary to share her story. We asked our disassociated sorority sister a few questions about her situation.


GKOL: What made you want to leave your organization?

DA: My decision to leave the sorority was not exactly my own. After poor planning on my part and spending my financial aid incorrectly I decided to part ways. I wore my finances thin and had no way to pay my dues.

GKOL: Were there any way for you to come back from your debts?

DA: I came to a point where I owed the house a large amount of money. After discussing the situation with the sorority I was given the time to figure it out. Unfortunately with the hells of financial aid I was left with no options.

GKOL: Financial aid can be hell for a lot of people. What is it like now that you are on the other side?

DA: Well I was sad because I do miss out on all of the activities that used to keep me busy. The close friends I made in the sorority are still close to me. I don't miss some of the dramatic times that were had while living in the house. There are some things I do miss and some things I don't.

GKOL: In the end what are your feelings about the greek community.

DA: I am not bitter about my situation. I understand that it was mostly my fault. My greek experience was great. I think that being a part of a greek community is a rewarding experience. I recommend it to anyone that is interested. Like I said there are things people like and things people hate. All I have to say is manage your money better. You wouldn't want to leave for reasons that could have been prevented

No comments:

Post a Comment