Dear Greek World,
I am writing here because I learned about this site from a friend and thought I would give it a try. Im looking for some advice. I am a member of a national fraternity, we are one of the larger houses on campus. We always do really well in rush and gain alot of members. This being said I feel like there is a such thing as doing too well in rush. My house rushed about 45 new members this year. At first it was cool because we had bragging rights as doing the best in rush. Then I started to realize our numbers were starting to affect our closeness. With so many people now in and out of our house (not everyone can live in), it is hard to keep in touch with so many people. I have noticed that the upper-classmen and lower-classmen are becoming two separate groups. I don't want this to affect our success in the future. Does anyone have an idea on how I can try and fix this?
Anyone have any ideas for him?
Comment Below! or Select The Post & Comment in the Box!
(REMEMBER: Selecting Anonymous does not require an account)
Have any questions for other members of the greek community?
Send them to greekkindoflife@gmail.com

Having events like brother/sisterhoods would be helpful in getting everybody closer together. When the house is together working on community services or playing games, it makes the house as a whole closer. Even having brother/sisterhoods that combine two different classes would be helpful (Freshman/Junior night, Sophomore/Senior night)
ReplyDeleteBranch out and get to know people better. If you are older, invite a younger member to join you in a nights events. If you're younger, take advantage of the time you have with the older kids and not be so shy around them. They're in your house too, they want to know everyone as well.
ReplyDeleteDrink with everyone. Booze always brings confidence in everyone and is one of the best ways to meet people without feeling awkward
ReplyDeleteA bigger house does mean that there are much more members to get to know and names to keep track of. But it shouldn't be too difficult considering you have to see them at least once a week. Make an effort to get to know members of your house, cause at some point you will have to live with them. Once that happens, you will know everything about people in your house, whether you are best friends with them or not.
ReplyDelete